Associate Attorney (Civil Litigation)
Possinger Law Group, PLLC is a law firm dedicated to the service of small and medium sized businesses and the individuals that own and operate them. Since being founded in 2001, Possinger Law Group has counseled and represented hundreds of clients, including business organizations, individuals, and families. As a law firm founded in the Pacific Northwest, Possinger Law Group has local roots, even as its practice has regional, national, and international reach. We apply our practical experience and legal knowledge to various issues in the following legal areas: Outside General Counsel Services, Business Law, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Estate and Succession Planning.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Associate Attorney to join our growing legal team. The employee will work directly with the managing member of the law firm as well as other staff and contract attorneys as needed. The ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet our clients’ needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- General Summary of Job Description: The position of associate attorney consists of representing clients in civil litigation and other legal proceedings, drawing up legal document, and advising clients on litigation matters and legal transactions.
- Provide legal support to senior attorneys by drafting, analyzing, and interpreting contracts, pleading, briefing, and other legal documents.
- Research and analyze complex legal issues.
- Draft correspondence, pleadings, briefs, and other legal documents.
- Manage all aspects of discovery, including the handling of electronically stored data and voluminous document productions and associated review.
- Assist senior attorneys with trial preparation and/or to provide trial support.
- Perform due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and civil litigation matters.
- Communicate with prospective and existing clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Conduct and assist with depositions and other motions practice and court hearings.
- Perform work independently to achieve client objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Law Degree from ABA-Approved Law School or Equivalent.
- Active member in good standing with the Washington State Bar Association.
- Minimum 2-5 Years Litigation or Equivalent Experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills.
- Excellent business judgement and high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
- Display of ownership with job responsibilities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in law office software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Time and Billing Software. Knowledge of Clio and LiquidPlanner a plus, but not required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor a must.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday – Friday (in-person at Woodinville office)
Compensation: $65,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year (DOE)
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Office follows a stringent cleaning protocol, which includes common surface disinfection and the use of air filters in shared spaces. When possible, client meetings are held remotely to limit in-person contact for employees.