Civil Litigation Paralegal
Possinger Law Group, PLLC is a law firm dedicated to the service of small and medium sized businesses and the individuals that own and operate them. Since being founded in 2001, Possinger Law Group has counseled and represented hundreds of clients, including business organizations, individuals, and families. As a law firm founded in the Pacific Northwest, Possinger Law Group has local roots, even as its practice has regional, national, and international reach. We apply our practical experience and legal knowledge to various issues in the following legal areas: Outside General Counsel Services, Business Law, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Estate and Succession Planning.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Civil Litigation Paralegal to join our growing legal team. The employee will work directly with the managing member of the law firm as well as other staff and contract attorneys as needed. The ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet our clients’ needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide support to small team of attorneys by updating calendars, scheduling appointments, and docketing case events and deadlines.
- Perform daily case management tasks, such as: maintaining general contact with clients; verifying cased deadlines and organizing key case materials; overseeing litigation and matter docketing; actively communicating status and deadlines to attorneys.
- Maintain contact with court personnel, attorneys, and other legal professionals.
- Draft correspondence, memoranda, and other law office-related documents.
- Draft, proofread, finalize, and file pleadings and other court filings.
- Prepare documents and exhibits for court hearings, trials, depositions, and mediations.
- Assist with all stages of discovery, including: preparing written discovery requests and responses; collecting, reviewing, and summarizing documents; managing document databases; preparing privilege logs; coordinating with vendors; scheduling, tracking, and reviewing depositions.
- Conduct legal and factual research.
- Prepare, analyze, summarize, and compile memoranda, timelines, and reports regarding findings.
- Conduct witness interviews.
- Assist in client screening processes.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Paralegal certification preferred.
- 3+ years of civil litigation paralegal experience.
- Ability to collaborate with a team, while also thinking, working, and acting independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and finish work on a deadline.
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in law office software, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Time and Billing Software. Knowledge of Clio and LiquidPlanner a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Federal and Washington State court rules, including local rules.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to streamline processes and procedures.
- Professional appearance and demeanor required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $45.00 per hour
Client meetings are being held remotely when possible, masks are encouraged and worn by staff during client visits, office is practicing stringent cleaning and sanitization procedures.