Current Job Postings
= = = = =
Job Posting: #EP201801_PL
Posting Date: 02-13-2018
Possinger Law Group is a law firm dedicated to the service of small and medium sized businesses and the individuals that own and operate them. Since being founded in 2001, Possinger Law Group has counseled and represented hundreds of clients, including business organizations, individuals, and families. As a law firm founded in the Pacific Northwest, Possinger Law Group has local roots, even as its practice has regional, national, and international reach.
Creating value for its clients is the number one goal of Possinger Law Group, by providing sound legal advice and counsel coupled with both creative and practical solutions to sometimes complex and difficult problems. Possinger Law Group combines a thorough understanding of the law, its clients’ goals, and the current environment to deliver excellent client service. We apply our practical experience and legal knowledge to various issues pertaining to the following legal areas:
- Outside General Counsel Services Individuals, Businesses, and Families
- Business Law
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Estate & Succession Planning
We are seeking a skilled and experienced paralegal to join our growing legal team. The paralegal will work directly with the managing member of the law firm as well as other staff and contract attorneys as needed. The ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet our clients’ needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide support to small team of attorneys by updating calendars, scheduling appointments, and docketing case events and deadlines.
- Perform daily case management tasks, such as maintaining general contact with clients. Verification of cased deadlines and organizing key case materials. Oversee litigation and matter docketing system and actively communicate status and deadlines to attorneys.
- Contact with court personnel, attorneys, and other legal professionals.
- Draft correspondence, memoranda, and other law office related documents.
- Draft, proofread, finalize, and file pleadings and other court filings.
- Prepare documents and exhibits for court hearings, trials, depositions, and mediations.
- Assist with all stages of discovery, including the preparation of written discovery requests and responses. Document collection, review, and summarization. Managing document databases, preparing privilege logs and coordination with vendors to the law firm. Schedule, track, and review depositions.
- Conduct legal and factual research. Prepare, analyze, summarize, and compile memoranda, timelines, and reports regarding findings.
- Conduct witness interviews.
- Assist in Client Screening Process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree preferred but will consider candidates with significant and applicable experience. Paralegal certification, or in the process of obtaining such certification, is desirable but not required.
- Minimum 3 Years Paralegal Experience.
- Works well with a team, but can think, work, and act independently with minimum supervision. Ability to prioritize tasks and finish work on a deadline.
- Excellent written and other communication skills and an attention to detail.
- Proficient in law office software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Time and Billing Software. Knowledge of PCLaw and LiquidPlanner a plus, but not required.
- Working Knowledge of Federal and Washington State Court Rules, including Local Rules.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to streamline processes and procedures.
- Professional appearance and demeanor a must.
This is a full-time position (40 Hours Per Week)
Location: Downtown Woodinville
If interested in this position and you have the experience described above, please send us a cover letter, resume, and writing sample along with compensation requirements by 02-23-2018. You can send the requested application materials to email@example.com. We confirm receipt of application materials, but will only contact potential candidates for interviews.
For more information about our firm, please visit us at www.possingerlaw.com.
If this position is not for you, please feel free to forward it on to a friend.